Saturday, January 1, 2011

Re-DROID with stock 2.2.1

Over the holidays i dropped my phone "A Motorola DROID" in some salt filled slush in the parking lot of walmart :( It still worked kind of, buttons seemed to go crazy however. Hitting just one button did multiable things. So i took it to my local verizon store, they informed me that i would be getting a new phone in the mail in the next week or so :( Luckily for me i only had to wait four days or so, but they sent me the wrong fucking phone. Again i go back to Verizon to bitch but this time they have my phone in stock...ok. Sweet i got my new old phone.

My new old phone is nice but i found that it came with Android 2.2.1 and not 2.1 like it did before. I gave the old root i had from my old phone a try but it didn't do shit. So i took to the net to find a new setup. After a few failed attampts i found this thread about a app called SuperOneClick. I had to use cmoney's XP desktop and install .NET 3.5 form M$. That was all i need to get the SuperOneClick software to run on the desktop. To get the pc to phone data connection going at the level that the app needed i had install the Motorola Phone USB drivers. Now all i had to do was make sure USB debugging was enabled on my phone. Plug in the USB cable from the PC to my phone, hit the root button and wait for it to do its thing! Thanx to everyone involved in the SuperOneClick software, you did a awesome job!! I am now enjoying my new old rooted DROID :D There is still more work to be done on this but that will be later.

No comments:

Post a Comment