It's put up or shut up time on Net Neutrality.
The fate of the open Internet is now in the hands of FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski. He simply needs the courage to choose the right action... That's where you come in.
What should Chairman Genachowski do right now? (Answer by clicking your choice below):
A. Protect free speech and consumer choice on the Internet
B. Cave to lobbyists and let AT&T and Comcast take away our Internet freedom.
I'm guessing you clicked the first option. Seems obvious, right?
Genachowski has the power to deliver on Net Neutrality. He just needs to call a Commission vote to restore the FCC as a watchdog of our online rights by reclassifying Internet access under Title II of the Communications Act.
Genachowski has the legal clearance, political cover and momentum to make this historic vote happen:
... Last Friday, House Commerce Committee Chairman Henry Waxman told Genachowski to "move forward under Title II";1
... On Sunday, the Washington Post published a column saying that "it's put up or shut up time" for the chairman to protect Net Neutrality;2
... A majority of FCC Commissioners are ready to vote in favor of Title II and Net Neutrality. Genachowski just needs to call the vote;
... Major daily newspapers, including the New York Times, the Boston Globe, the Los Angeles Times and USA Today, have editorialized in favor of FCC action for Net Neutrality;3
... President Obama has publicly urged for Net Neutrality protections on at least nine occasions;4
... The leaders of the relevant committees in the House and Senate have given Genachowski a green light to move forward;
... And, most importantly, more than 2 million Americans have demanded that Washington protect the open Internet from blocking and discrimination by corporations.5
By taking action now, the chairman will put the Net Neutrality question to rest and will have the ability to achieve the goals of the National Broadband Plan.
Tell Genachowski: It's Time to Step Up
All of our work has come to this moment, right now, and to this chairman, Julius Genachowski. He simply needs to take the next step.
Please take 30 seconds to help make certain he does the right thing for Net Neutrality.
1. "Waxman Backs Reclassification of Broadband," The Hill: http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-valley/technology/121681-waxman-backs-fcc-reclassification-of-broadband
2. "It's Put Up or Shut Up Time for the FCC's Net Neutrality Advocates," Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/02/AR2010100203245_pf.html
3. "Chairman Genachowski: Can You Hear Us Now," MediaCitizen: http://mediacitizen.blogspot.com/2010/08/chairman-genachowski-can-you-hear-us.html
4. "President Obama Supports Net Neutrality," SavetheInternet.com: http://www.savetheinternet.com/obama
5. "Two Million for Net Neutrality," SavetheInternet.com: https://secure.freepress.net/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=356
Want to learn more? Join them on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.